Wednesday, July 26, 2006

London

So I am en route to South Africa. Right now I'm at the London Heathrow airport for a 7 hour layover before my final legs to Durban to see James and Ella. I flew out of Anchorage Tuesday morning and am due to be in Durban Thursday afternoon. Talk about travel time. I am thankful for this layover to be out of a plane for awhile. So far I've flown 17 hours and have about 13 hours left to fly. Woohoo for air time! I slept about 5 hours on the last flight from LA to London.

I've enjoyed great food on the plane, bread, cheese, hot tea with milk...truly European. I forgot that Europe is not big on AC, conservation of energy or something. Reminds me of our heat wave in 2003 Carrie. There are parts of the airport that are a little toasty.

I'm hoping to walk a few laps around the international terminal before I sit down for another long leg. I have a whole new admiration for the Embrees doing this with 3 small children! You guys are amazing!

I'll try to update my blog while I'm in Africa but I'm not sure how often that will be. Thanks again for your prayers!

No comments: