Wednesday, February 13, 2008

race time!!

I've been traing for the BI-LOW Myrtle Beach Half Marathon since December and it is finally here!! I run this Saturday at yes, 6:30 a.m. I think it's the earliest race time I have had yet! Not sure why they start so early seeing as it's February and the heat isn't a factor, but I'll be done by breakfast time...maybe it's so people can eat breakfast twice?? For my non-runner friends a half marathon is 13.1 miles. A good long run, but short enough that you can feel human at the end.

I've been nursing an IT (illiotibial sp?) band injury the past week and a half so that may affect my results, but this is my first half marathon so I have no PR to beat! The Eller men have all taken wagers on my finishing time. By "Eller men" I mean my dad and his two brothers...all runners. They've all picked a fast pace and slow pace time that they think I'll finish in. What do they get if they win? Bragging rites! My family is a little competative...in a good way. :)

I'm driving up with my roommate and two other girlfriends Friday afternoon. Lookin' forward to a great race! I'll post my results when I get back! Thanks for the encouragement Ellers! AND thanks Dr. Doner for the injury advice!

No comments: