Sunday, October 01, 2006

Grand Finale!


Another post race photo op. Johanna, one of my senior youth girls, comes from a family that RUNS. I think they have run since they knew how to walk. :-) Her dad, Mark, is the head coach at Colony and has had the privilege of coaching his son (former CHS graduate), daughter Jo (senior) and daughter Heidi (freshman). Merry, their most awesome mom, got to go down with the team as the team cook. For those who don't know Merry she is a FABULOUS cook! Everything (even the flour) :-) is from scratch. Merry has also been a mentor to me and holds a special place in my heart. The whole family does.

This was Jo's final race at the state meet this weekend. She was the first Colony runner to finish and had a great race! I am glad I got to be there to celebrate the event. I am proud of you Johanna!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel so, well..., famous! Thank you for your kind words. Anita, you are awesome. You sure know how to pack a lot of living into your life. I know that is part of what Jesus means when He says "abundant life!" You're the best. Thanks for making the time to include the xc race on your busy calendar. xxoo