Saturday, March 26, 2011

finishing touches . . .





"Give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love" Psalm 107:8








"May all who enter as guests, leave as friends"

Today we wrapped up the finishing touches on my living room make over project. I bought some wall shelves at Target a couple weeks ago and we got those hung and decorated this morning. The vinyl sign on the wall "May those who enter as guests, leave as friends" was a gift from Ben's mom a couple of Christmases ago. I loved the idea but hadn't hung it yet because I knew we would be moving out of California where we were at the time. It is the perfect addition to my make over project! Thanks Dorothy!

Other "finishing touches" came from a Blessings Unlimited party I had at my house when Ben was gone to his conference in Los Angeles. For those who are not familiar Blessings Unlimited is like a Pampered Chef business but the products are things for your house that have Scripture on them. The idea behind the business is to get Scripture in your home in different ways. With most Christian book stores being closed now online shopping or this business is one of the only ways to get this type of stuff.

The vase with the red flowers came with two signs one says "Peace" and the other one says "Light," both have a different verse written on the flip side. Another great feature about the vase is that you can flip it upside down and it doubles as a candle stand/holder! Love it! The table runner was another Blessings Unlimited product, this one my mom bought me. Thanks mom it is PERFECT with our living room theme, okay maybe it's more MY theme than Ben's but he loves the final outcome.

All in all I am enjoying the finished product and feel like it is much more homey now.

3 comments:

Bacon Writer said...

It looks so beautiful, Anita!!

Dorothy said...

Everything looks so nice and cozy! I love the green color and all the neat things you do to make it "home". Thanks a lot for sharing. Wish I could hop on a plane and come for a visit! Miss you both...and love you tons!

Kari Smith said...

The living room looks great! I can't wait to see it in person! :)