Monday, November 06, 2006

GAP


GAP is a college/career age ministry at my church that was started...11 years ago (my freshman year of college) by Ella Embree. Ella had just come back to AK after college and the Lord impressed on her heart to start such a group at WBC. She talked to Larry and got the ball rolling and it's been rolling ever since.

Last night I had the opportunity to go and share with them about my trip to Africa. I shared a little background history on South Africa and then went into the ministry that the Embrees are involved in, ways we can support them and future ministry opportunities for a short-term group trip. I am so thankful for that time. It was a blessing to be able to share my trip with others, but also get a prime group excited about ministry...WHEREVER!! Young single people are often in my mind left by the wayside as far as looking for ways to plug in at church, in missions, etc. It's not to point any fingers, I've seen it ALL over the country. I'm just excited to be able to encourage a group that is so AVAILABLE and open to GO!!!

We had some great conversation and even a little Zulu quiz, much to Keeton Kroon's dismay. :) John Doak, our new adult ministry pastor is leading this group right now as they dig into the book of Job. I was excited and encouraged to see how they have grown. Someone mentioned they average 15-20 people a night...I think we started with about 5-7 back in the day Ella. God is blessing and growing this ministry!

For unknown reasons the site, connection, something is glitching right now and not letting me download pics. I'll post them when I can. :)

1 comment:

mamaktbug said...

hey anita...just wanted to let you know that i'm a faithful fan of your blog. i just got one of my own (should i say another one?) that i'll be updating as soon as i can figure it all out. check it out! http://mamaktbug.blogspot.com/