One of my roommates teaches 2nd grade at a private Christian school in Santa Clarita. We were going over some of her spelling test papers tonight and I thought I'd share a few. The bold words were the target spelling word, the rest is their conscious flow of thought. Enjoy!
* I ALMOST did the splits at the gym.
* I ALMOST ate the spoon instead of the rice.
* I like COUNTRY music when I get sad.
* I live in a free COUNTRY and I am happy.
* Everybody lives on EARTH except aliens.
* I ALMOST lied yesterday but I bit my tongue.
* Adam and Eve BEGAN living before all of us.
* I live in the north which is ABOVE the south.
* The roof on the house is ABOVE the people inside the house.
* Yesterday I ALMOST got picked when I raised my hand.
* The FORM of a tissue box is a rectangle.
* HOWEVER, Charlotte is going to save Wilbur's life.
* I like it when my teacher gives an EXAMPLE.
* HOWEVER, my sister is a little funny.
* An EXAMPLE of God's love is that he came down to save us. (so true)
* I will eat a cupcake DURING bath time.
* I don't think there are any ghosts in the WHOLE world.
* I once HEARD that Wilbur is still going to die.
And a final post for the evening, two answers from a Charlotte's web test.
"An example of Charlotte's friendship is she went to the fair with Wilbur even thoe she was having an egg sack. This is a good example of friendship because it is not easy to move when you are pregnet and she did it with a good additude."
~ Austin, age 8