Tuesday, May 27, 2008

end of a semester...


Stone and his wife Yuk with a student...they are moving to LA this summer and won't be back next year, we will miss you guys TREMENDOUSLY!

Spring semester wrapped up a couple weeks ago now but I am behind in blogging. We had a final dinner and time of fellowship with our Chinese students. It was sweet to my soul. I shared with the students what a blessing and challenge this past year has been in ministry.

I came to CIU initially ready to pursue a degree in Intercultural Studies with the intent of going overseas full time at some point. Through the year I have felt God lead otherwise. I have enjoyed going to the Chinese Church and doing ministry with the Ben Lippen students but it is clear now that China and even full time foreign missions is not my heart or passion right now. I have a huge heart for international missions, but feel led more so to work from here mobilizing and supporting others. There is more to that which I will be sending out sometime in the next couple of weeks in my prayer letter update. All that to say I am changing my major to a general MA in biblical studies and hope to pursue women's ministry and discipleship here in the states. God has shown me this year how to let go of my plans and ideas and be open to whatever He has...even staying here. To be okay in uncertainty.

No comments: