Thursday, March 11, 2010

good times with family





Water World stunt show







I don't know if I mentioned it in my last post but I loooooved having my dad down for a week to see our first "home" and stay at the Mosier Mansion Suites. We live in a one bedroom apartment right now so Ben made him a make shift bedroom in our dining room haning up sheet walls. We set up a twin air mattress and had a make shift little table in there to make it cozy. It was so fun!


We stayed up way to late most nights talking and playing cards. Sunday after church we got out to see a little bit of LA taking my dad to Universal Studios. It was Ben's first time going too so we all had a good time out. We went to most of the shows and rides and then wrapped up the night with dinner at Bubba Gumps. Okay we wrapped up the night at home with a final round of Spades . . . which I won. Not that I'm proud. :)

The next day I had to work but dad and Ben had a leisure morning with peach pie for breakfast and a quick drive around our lake (it's beautiful). I got home that afternoon pretty sad that he had left only to find a beautiful floral arrangement on our kitchen counter from non other than the Papa Bear (I've called him that since I was a little girl). Of course I cried. :) Ben is such a tender and carry husband and just hugged me quitely.

We LOVED having you here dad and can't wait to have you and mom down in May! We're also super excited to have some of Ben's family down in May too for his graduation from seminary, woohoo he's almost done!!

1 comment:

cathy said...

YOU WON SPADES!!!!!! Isn't that a post in it self??