Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Christmas trees


notice the JD stocking under the bar area . . . thanks Burdine cousins, a perfect wedding gift!


a festive table runner for our coffee table


Mistletoe bears that we got on our honeymoon in Denali and the cinnamon pine cones


"O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, how lovely are your branches . . ."


Ben LOVES colored lights so they boarder the bar area and light most of our living room too, I love that he enjoys decorating :)

This past Saturday Ben and I went out and bought our first Christmas tree together. He was determined to get a real tree and the only option other than Home Depot was to drive north about an hour and cut one down in a "forested" area . . . desert. I was all for Home Depot easy out being that we're not in AK yet so we did it.

I have to say Home Depot's stock impressed me. This is one of the fullest live trees I've seen in a long time. It's a Douglas Fir . . . I highly recommend them if you're on the hunt for a good live tree. We got it early b/c Ben leaves for WA December 11th and I leave a week later when I finish work on the 19th so we wanted to be able to enjoy it awhile.

I've also been enjoying decorating the house with additional bits of holiday. I highly recommend adding cinnamon pine cones to your Christmas decor, they make your house smell festive and fresh!

Thanks mom and dad for the Christmas packages! They came ON Saturday while we were decorating, perfect timing. We hung both ornaments on our tree along with one we just got. The tree is a little sparse decoration but I've got 31 years of Hallmark ornaments waiting for us back in Alaska. Can't wait to see our tree all decked out next year!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Looks great. My husband is also a fan of Christmas lights. Love the John Deere Stockings!