Monday, June 09, 2008

red neck hair cut






I am incredibly behind in blogging so this is a little old now but still funny. I've struggled to find someone consistent here to cut my hair. Every time I've gone to someone new and long to just be home so my sister-in-law Aimy can cut it...she is AWESOME and always does it how I like it. Anywhoo, this last cut was a cut to remember.

I went to my old salon, my girl left so a random (to me) guy cut it. He's 21, from the south and a red neck. When I got there on a Sat. morning he was preoccupied with a NASCAR race he was going to later that afternoon. He also was working through a "slight" hangover from the night before.

He started the conversation by telling me he was going to wash his hands first b/c he just finished a smoke break and they smelled like smoke...ok, that'd be nice...but he never did wash them. He got so busy talking to me he moved to washing my hair and, I suppose, his hands in that process...very professional. He quickly moved into conversation about the bar fight he witnessed the night prior and how he intervened in a knifing. My response? You're my hero?? I didn't know what to say so I just let him talk. He was a one man conversation. Every other sentence had a 4letter word. All the while he is cutting my hair like crazy.

Toward the end of my cut he comments randomly, "You should be thankful your not a preacher's daughter, they have it rough. I mean really, most just jump off the deep end and rebell b/c they can't handle the pressure what kind of life would that be?"

I smiled and responded, "Well actually, I AM a preacher's daughter and it's really not all that bad. But while you have your foot in your mouth, why don't you just keep going."

His response, "No S*** you're a preacher's daughter!?!"

Me, "Ya, I'm also going to seminary right now."

His response, "What the H*** you ARE NOT!! You gonna be come celebate nun or what? I could NEVER do that."

Me, "I AM really going, but I'm not going to be some celebate nun. I'm learning some pretty interesting stuff there."

Later he asked how old I was...ha, ya blew him away when I said 30. I'll let your imagination guess what his response was. I actually had an opportunity to ask him some questions about faith stuff and share a little more of my testimony so it was an interesting opportunity to say the least.

The funny/frustrating part...I got home, washed my hair to find the left side 1" longer than that right. My roommate died laughing then sympathized with the mess on my head. I went back the next week to have it fixed. Definitely one of the more interesting hair cutting experiences I've had in awhile...maybe ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Anita, this is the most hilarious thing I've heard in a long time. Thanks for the laugh. Really, thanks! Oh, and ditto your sister-in-law being the best cut ever - I'm sooooo glad I found her. Hear that Aimy? Can I get free products now???

hashbrowns said...

I love your hair... really! That is a funny story, dear friend!

Bacon Writer said...

HA HA HA HA... Oh man, Anita! That is SO funny... thanks for sharing. That made my morning. I can just see you sitting there...