Wednesday, October 24, 2007

school update...

I've been back at school for a week now and things are busy as usual. Midterms are over, yay! But the semester is coming to a rapid end. I can't believe how fast it's gone. I'd have to say at this point that my favorite class is my Gospels class. My prof for that class is Dr. Hulbert. His son-in-law was one of the first pastors at Lazy Mt. Bible Church in Palmer, AK! How small world, aye? He asked about my church, WBC and said that his son-in-law and Larry were (maybe still are) good friends and prepared sermons together in their beginning days, Cam Arensen. Ring a bell Larry?

Currently, aside from school, I am getting resumes together to apply for speech pathology jobs and I am also looking for places to move off campus. It is MUCH cheaper to live off campus and now that I have connections and know the area better, I am in the midst of sorting through that as well. Please be in prayer for both things...that we could find a good place to live near campus for the next couple of years and that a job would open that I could maybe do through the summers. There are A LOT of job options here in the SLP realm...hospitals, in patient, out patient, schools, in home visits, pediatric clinics, the list goes on. I am hoping for somethig in the ped. department as that has been the main area of my work thus far.

I hope all is well for those of you back in the great land of AK. I hear you've got snow now? Today is the first day I have not worn sandels and I wore shorts yesterday! It feels like a nice AK summer down here!

No comments: