Saturday, December 02, 2006

army garb...


My cousin Beth is currently in Houston, TX for military training. She is a II Lt. RN among several other abbreviations now...I can't keep up! Anywhoo, part of her PT attire is the fancy reflective "ARMY" T and construction worker reflective belt. She posted a picture, similar to this one on her blog a few months ago and I had a little fun commenting on the great attire. Not wanting to leave me out, as a fellow runner in training (definitely not for the military though!)she thoughtfully sent me my OWN PT uniform. For how riduculous this may look to some I am excited to have it! There's also a giant reflective triangle on the back of the shirt. The U.S. Army doesn't want any PT casualties. This AK runner will now be less likely to become a road casualty as well...in the summer when it warms up 40-60 degrees! Thanks for the gear Beth, you're the best!

4 comments:

Marie VW said...

If you don't use your new running clothes now, you won't get the full advantage of the reflective qualities inherent in your new garb. You better go out now. haha. It was fun spending time with you at the wreath party Anita!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

Now just imagine being surrounded with 360 other officers looking just like you! And then imagine passing or being passed by other Companies or Platoons wearing the same thing while yelling in cadence. It is a really cool sight to see. By the way, your hair is wicked long. I cannot remember seeing it this long. It looks great!

Anita said...

Hey Marie, would run with me in cadence if I get you a pair to match?? I'd like to get the full army affect. Amanda could come up with a good cadence for us...you could join to Amanda! :)