Sunday, September 17, 2006

fall...


My set is now complete. As of today I have pictures of my favorite bridge in all four seasons. We're experiencing our Alaskan 2 week fall right now and today turned out to be gorgeous and sunny! I would not be deterred from capturing the moment getting the Knik River Bridge during one of our shortest seasons of the year. I actually went out right after church this morning but the sun was behind the mountain and the colors didn't show so I went back this evening to get another set.

Homecoming was this past week for CHS and WHS. I went to the Wasilla High Powder Puff game to watch Mayerly play some of the junior girls from our Merge trip. As is tradition the seniors cleaned house...it ended up being 40 something to zero. Kind of crazy to think I did that 11 years ago!! Can I really be that old?!?

For those who know Elizabeth, she is doing MUCH better! Her operation went well. She's on crutches and sore but getting around. She was at church today and looked GREAT! She is hoping to do half days at school this week depending on how her energy level holds up. A long patient road lays ahead of her. One day at a time Elizabeth! We're praying for you!

Tonight was Morgan Bacon's 2nd birthday party. A totally girlie party. Abby Novak showed up in a full on princess, shoes, jewelry costume and brought a spare for Morgan to wear. No J.D. tractor rides from g-pa this party! I love the simplicity and excitement of life at that age. She has no idea that this is all in honor of her, but loves opening gift after gift each time her "oooohhhh, ahhhh, YAY" getting louder and longer. She is a cutie pie!

Another eventful thing happened today. My cousin Eliza"Beth" was commissioned into the Army. She is now officially a Leutinent Nurse in the U.S. Army! I am totally proud Beth! She'll be heading to TX the end of this week for a 3 month training after which she'll move up to the cold land of DC (January) for her first assignment. A little change of pace for a life long Californian. Blessings on ya cuz! We're still on for our weekly calls! Love ya!

I'm also housesitting again now. I'm watching my old HS band teacher's house on the Palmer side of town so my commute to work is a little longer, but it's nice to have my own space for awhile. They have two dogs to keep me company and make me feel safe at night being located more in the back woods. They have an AMAZING view of Pioneer Peak out the back side of their house!! The back side is covered in windows so I eat breakfast every morning in the dining room and watch the sun come up. I get paid to live in gorgeous places! Thank you Lord!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose this house is situated on a half frozen lake?

Anita said...

Would you be up for the challenge? It's actually a different house so you're off the hook! :-)

Anonymous said...

can we see pictures of the bacon girl??

Bronwyn is calling her antie joyce today. and my father is going into surgery. Kids club is today and then I will teach the shallcross kids how to do puppets.

love you,
Ella

Anita said...

I'll get some pictures of the party and post them later. I foolishly did not take any with my own camera and Amanda is out of town for a MOPS convention so I'll have to wait until she gets back. Stay tuned!

Miss you guys in Africa! Blessings on you as you wrap up ministry in Durban and head north. Prayin' for ya!

Kari Smith said...

I love the Knick River pictures and have them all saved onto my computer at work so when I am aching for some mountain views they are just a click away! Although, I do have to say that everytime I look at them I miss you a whole lot!

And I love that you are housesitting at a place wtih 2 dogs...because I know how much you love those! :)

Kari