Monday, May 28, 2007

Bible reading...





Last summer on our Mexico trip we were challenged as a group to read through the Bible in a year. A handful of girls made a committment then to read through their Bibles in a year and three of them, Emily, Elizabeth and Sammy have stuck with it and will be completing their goal this July. I have enjoyed reading with them and being challenged by their questions. The experience has reminded me how little I know about the Bible and how much I have to learn! As a reward I took them up to a B & B near Hatcher Pass a couple weeks ago to hang out and have girl time.

We started by getting settled into our little cozy cabin in the "woods" (sort of woods) and then headed up to Hatchers to hike in the sleet (spring was not in full bloom yet!). I took them to dinner at the A frame where we had hot soup and played... yes, the bean game! Later that night we made smores in a fire pit, talked, did nails, watched a chick flick...great girl bonding stuff! I am PROUD of the three of you for sticking to your committment and making Bible reading a priority in your busy schedules! Way to go ladies!

No comments: